We would like to emphasize that we take the protection of your privacy and your personal data very seriously and that we process your data in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We would like to explain to you below in more detail which personal data we collect in connection with the website www.yesdelftstudents.com and/or the use of the communities, services and applications connected with the Website (“Services“).
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect and process various types of personal data about you when you use the Website and our Services. This includes the following:
- Your contact and company details. Your name, company address and other contact details, such as your (company) telephone number and e-mail address.
- Information regarding your use of our Website and Services. This will include data regarding the pages of the Website you visit, the products and services you like and the terms & and conditions you agreed to.
- Your marketing preferences. This includes your sign up for our newsletter, your interests and any consents you have given us.
- Your communication data. Your requests, any complaints you may have and any other data that we receive if we communicate with you via e-mail, online or via social media.
- Information related to the browser or device you use to access our Website or use our Services, such as browser type and version, operating system etc.)
FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE USE YOUR DATA AND ON WHAT LEGAL BASIS?
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- To establish and fulfill a contract with you.
In order to verify your identity and to provide you with the Services you requested from us, including handling your requests, we use your contact details, your account and electronic identification data
- To comply with a legal obligation to which YES!Delft Students is subject to.
Any information referred to above in the section ‘What data do we collect?’ may be used to maintain appropriate business records, to comply with lawful requests by public authorities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law.
- As required to enable our business and pursue our legitimate interests.
In addition to the above we will use and analyse your personal data to enable our business and pursue our legitimate interests. This includes the following:
– Customer service: if you contact our Customer Service (or vice versa), we will use personal data such as your order information and contact history to process your request and provide you with the best service possible.
– Marketing: when you sign up to receive YES!Delft Students newsletters, fill in our online application form, order or provide feedback on a product or service online or use our website, we will use your personal data to create a profile based on the information we hold about you. We create your profile in accordance with your preferences in order to provide you with the best personalized experience, to send you personalized marketing messages and newsletters and for opinion research purposes, and.
– Other legitimate business purposes permitted by applicable law.
- Use of information based on your consent:
We may use your personal data referred to above in the section “What data do we collect?” for marketing purposes based on your profiles via email, SMS, other electronic means or otherwise, but we will only do so after we have received your consent to do so.
You can withdraw your consent at any time (“opt out”); see the section “What rights do you have in relation to your data?” below. In case of electronic direct marketing you can opt out by following the instructions in the communication.
WHO WILL WE SHARE THIS DATA WITH?
We treat your personal information with care and confidentiality and do not share it with third parties other than as set out below:
- With service providers and processors
We will share limited personal data you provide when you apply for a YES!Delft Students program (your name, email address, company details) with our cloud service providers for the purposes of identification and authentication.
We will also share your personal data as necessary and only for the purposes described above with various third parties who process your personal information on our behalf, such as hosting and analytics platform providers.
We require that these service providers and other third parties adhere to strict rules when processing your personal data, including to only use your personal data in accordance with YES!Delft Students instructions and the applicable laws.
- With legal and law enforcement
We will also disclose your personal data where required by law or legal process, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interest, for investigations by law enforcement or regulatory bodies, to protect and defend YES!Delft Students property and legal rights, to protect the personal safety of YES!Delft Students website or (mobile) app users or by order of a valid injunction from a court or law enforcement agency.
WHERE WILL WE SEND YOUR DATA?
We store and process your personal data in the European Union.
HOW LONG WILL YOU RETAIN MY DATA?
We will retain your personal data for two years from your last interaction with us, such as the date your account was deleted or the last time you contacted or interacted with us, unless a longer or shorter retention period is required by law, is necessary in the course of legal proceedings or is otherwise needed for a particular purpose under applicable law.
HOW DO YOU PROTECT MY DATA?
We strive to maintain the highest standards of security and YES!Delft Students has put in place robust technical and organizational measures for the protection of your data in accordance with the current, general state of the art technologies, especially to protect the data against loss, falsification or access by unauthorized third persons.
However the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website and via our Services. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE IN RELATION TO YOUR DATA?
You may be entitled to ask YES!Delft Students for a copy of your information, to correct it, erase or restrict its processing, or to ask us to transfer some of this information to other organisations.
You may also have rights to object to some processing activities, such as the profiling we may perform for the purposes of direct marketing, and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your data. In some instances, this may mean that we are able to retain data even if you withdraw your consent.
Where we require personal data to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal data is optional.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of marketing, you can get in touch at email@example.com.
In the event you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to complain to a data protection authority. The relevant data protection authority will be Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR DATA
The data controller for this processing is Kartika Sidabutar (Marketing Manager, YES!Delft). If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delft 01-05-2018, version 1.0.0