Slush is the largest tech startup event in Europe. In 2016, over 17,500 people from 130 countries attended, including 2,336 startups, 1,146 venture capitalists and investors, and 630 journalists.
Slush has grown from a 300 man conference to a world-renowned event, now spreading globally. The goal of Slush still remains the same though: “help the next generation of world-conquering founders take a leap forward”. The core of Slush is to facilitate founder and investor meetings and to build a world-wide startup community.
Think of Slush as a combination of a festival and a conference. Want to get an impression? Check out the video on this page or the one below! And make sure to check out the website: www.slush.org!
APPLY via this link : https://app.slush.org/apply & as soon you got a confirmation via email. Send this to email@example.com
Slush 2017 will be organized on November 30th and December 1st in Helsinki Finland. YES!Delft Students can provide you with a place to stay of some sorts.
Well, there are a number of reasons why you should come with us to Helsinki!
- To get inspired! More than 2,000 startups present their product at Slush, just walking around, talking to the entrepreneurs and checking out what they have to offer is simply an amazing experience!
- To meet amazing people. The most succes entrepreneurs are all located in Helsinki at the end of November, so this is your chance to meet them, ask them for advice of just drink a beer with them!
- Awesome afterparties! Simply the best. No explanation needed.
What do we expect of you?
It’s easy, we expect you to be enthusiastic about entrepreneurship, have an open mindset and are keen on meeting new people!
Unfortunately the largest tech startup event in the world is not free… Costs for this event include:
- A student pass for Slush, €50
- A flight to and from Helsinki. This is available for €85 per person as of July 5th, inbound on the 29th of November, outbound on the 3rd of December
- A hostel in Helsinki costs approximately €25 per person per night
- Food and drinks are not cheap in Finland, but doable. Count on €10 per person per meal. The drinks at the after party are free (or it was so last year…)
YES!Delft Students can advance the payments for the flight and hostel for you, but you have to pay it back 😉
Applying for joining on the Slush Flight 2017 is a little bit complicated, but if you follow the steps below you should be just fine!
- Apply for a student for Slush here. To apply you have to register first, MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER WITH YOUR TU DELFT STUDENT EMAIL!!! Students passes are handed out in two batches. Deadline for applying for the second batch is the 13thof October. Second batch will follow later in the fall.
- Fill in this Google form. This lets us (YES!Delft Students) know you thinking of joining us on the Slush Flight 2017.
- Wait to see if you get you student pass.
- If you get your student pass, confirm your participation by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Upon showing proof that you got your pass and signing a small contract, we can advance the flight and hostel for you!
The Slush Flight organized by YES!Delft Students is open to everyone who wants to join and manages to get a ticket! It does not matter if you are a bachelors, masters, PhD, HBO, fat, slim, ugly, beautiful or whatever student. Furthermore, having (an idea for) your own company is not required in participating in this trip.
All that we care about is that you are enthusiastic for joining this trip and that you want to make the most of it!